Kitsumkalum Hall | Drop-In Flu Clinic
October 28th 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
No appointment necessary, walk-in only
COVID protocols in place – mask required, sanitize, social distance
Flu season is typically November to April each year.
Each year many people get sick with influenza, which can lead to more serious health complications like pneumonia. Influenza vaccines are recommended as the best way to prevent the flu and are free for all First Nations and Aboriginal peoples on and off reserve.
Some other important ways to avoid getting influenza:
• Wash your hands
• Cover your sneeze/cough in a tissue or your sleeve.
• Throw tissues out right away
• Keep household and work surfaces clean.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Keep your distance from people who are sick.
• Stay home if you are feeling sick.
Remember that elders and infants are especially vulnerable to the flu virus. By choosing
to get immunized, you’re protecting your community and loved ones.
Information from First Nations Health Authority: www.fnha.ca