Job Posting: Education Assistant
Job Type: Full time – 8:30am – 3:30pm
Start Date: Immediately
Posted: October 20, 2023
Application Deadline: When the Position is Filled
‘Na Aksa Gyilak’yoo School is seeking to fill two Education Assistants positions.
NAGK is a member of the First Nations Schools Association. It is conveniently located 5km west of Terrace, BC on Hwy 16. Our school is situated at the confluence of the Skeena and Kalum River, near Sleeping Beauty Mountain. The local Ts’msyen territory plays a vital role in our dynamic educational experience to best serve the needs of the students and families of this Ts’msyen territory. NAGK education focuses on collaboration and co-planning to effectively differentiate within its project-based, experiential program. The Ts’mysen language (Sm’algyax) is a foundation throughout our school program, which is strongly supported by the community of Kitsumkalum, BC and its leadership.
- Current Criminal Records Check – done at ‘Na Aksa Gyilak’yoo School
- Experience working collaboratively
- Experience in FNSA Schools is an asset but not necessary
- Experience working as an Education Assistant
- Able to work in a multi-grade classroom
- Ability to support students in the classroom with course subjects
- Supervise Students in the school, on school grounds and on field trips
- Willingness to participate in community and cultural activities
Interested individuals who are looking to grow personally and professionally within a holistic learning environment using research-based best practices and collegial support should apply. Please submit your cover letter, and resume, along with any credentials to the Principal.
Attention: Principal at [email protected]